CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 30, 2007

Beautiful Friday

Well, we made it to Friday, and it is such a beautiful day. I think this week Spring finally arrived. On Tuesday, it was even in the 80s. I'm so excited because it just makes me want to be outside. Too bad I have to work during the prime sunny hours. But at least I get to look outside and see all the people walking around downtown Harrisburg.

This weekend is General Conference. It will be good to be spiritually uplifted. I'm excited to hear the messages our church leaders have prepared. I remember when I was little, I used to enjoy General Conference because Grandma Ida and Grandpa Herm would come down and Grandma would bring yummy treats, especially her raisin cookies (I know, sounds weird, but we loved them). It would almost be like having church off that weekend. But conference would always be on and Grandpa would always watch every bit of it. All the boys would dress up and go to priesthoood meeting together, and Mom, Grandma, and I would go shopping. Fond memories of those days. Hopefully the weather will be nice tomorrow so in between session, Wes and I can do something outside like go biking or play tennis.

So I just donated a little money to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. My friend Susan Haney is walking in it. I'm so impressed with her dedication. It's a walk that last two days and is over 39 miles. Thinking about it makes my feet sore. But who amazing that she's doing it. Susan herself is a cancer survivor, not from breast cancer but from thyroid cancer. So I'm so proud of her for doing this walk and helping raise money for a cure. I was able to dedicate my donation to someone, so I dedicated it to my grandmother, Irene. She died from breast cancer in 1972, way before I was ever born, but I've always felt like she's watched over me and I can't wait to meet her in Heaven. Even though it's been almost 35 years, her memory lives on through her husband, children and siblings, and her grandchildren and beyond cannot wait to reunite with her. Hopefully they will someday find a cure so more grandmothers can be around to influence their grandchildren.

No comments: