CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

4 years ago...


Wow, I can't believe how quickly four years goes. It was this week four years ago that I graduated from BYU. I still remember that day quite clearly because it was a great day. It was sunny and bright outside. I had found a great deal on some shoes early that day ($5 at a store that was going out of business) and went with Maria to pick up her car that had been crushed by a suburban during a snow storm months earlier. My parents came down with Rad and my grandparents. They even brought me a beautiful Hawaiian lei that was pink and white. We took pictures by the cherry blossoms and went to the commencement where I got to line up with all the other 2003 grads and walk in to the Marriott Center. It was a cool feeling. Elder Ballard spoke and after we all went to dinner. The next day was the college graduations, and I sat by some friends in my major as our ceremony was held in the De Jong Concert Hall in the HFAC (music and arts building). Everyone came down to see me to walk and receive my diploma. I remember even talking to Judd shortly after the ceremony was over. I had on my silver robe and hat with a white tassel from my bachelor of arts degree. I wore the suit that Bruce bought me, my first ever suit. We took pictures outside with everyone and I said goodbye to the campus I had been on for the previous four years. Then I said goodbye to all my friends, moved up to Salt Lake for a couple of weeks, then it was off to Maryland for real life to begin. It's been a great four years full of wonderful memories, and I'm so happy that the decisions I've made have led me to where I am today. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was at BYU, but the nice thing is that my time at BYU was wonderful and I'll always look back at it with a smile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you and Wes have fond memories of college. I went to the U and didn't leave with much of an affinity for the place. I wish I had been able to go to the Y. All my friends were there from my mission and I certainly would have liked the atmosphere and perhaps even felt some school spirit. Oh well, I guess I had to go to the U so I could meet Jeanne. It was worth it after all.

Anonymous said...

Well Dick Cheney was here yesterday to speak at commencement. Can you believe it? I mean, can you believe that 12 protestors on the BYU campus made the news as protesting Cheney's visit? It was on the national news this morning, unbelieveable. That reminds me of Bishop Smiths analogy of a bad movie, or other activity that is mostly good but something is less that it should be. It's like the mouse turd in the ice cream, it's just one litte turd in a bowl of really good ice cream. Would you eat it?

W. Flint said...

I like ice cream!!!

Anonymous said...

Man Kelley, you have a memory like and elephant. I don't know how you remembered all those details of your graduation. Anyway, I just like the photo on this one because Brigham is admiring the Periodicals department. Somebody is hard at work down there...