CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Wes's birthday picts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat site, Wes and Kelley. This is a cool way to share your experiences and avoid duplicate communcations to multiple family members and friends. I appreciate your postings from last weekend so I was able to get a little "flavor" of your birthday. It appears that you had a great time. I hope you enjoy these times together (do I sound like a scene from City Slickers? Hahahahaha), "sooner or later you end up wondering around the mall, looking for the ulitmate frozen yogurt and muttering 'how come the kids don't call?'".

I know you're looking to the future, full of hope and spend most of your energy preparing for the future, finishing education, having children, getting your own place, financial worries, etc. etc. But in retrospect, these are some of the most precious times of your life, as the two of you get to know each other and build a solid family foundation. Please take time to enjoy this period when it's just the two of you. It doesn't feel like you have much in the material-worldly sense but that's actually a blessing. After you gain all that "stuff", you realize that the important things were just the two, your children, and your family. All the other "stuff" (read junk) just encumbers your life and you realize that you have become the servant to your junk, you wash it, maintain it, sweep it, vacuum it, paint it, mow it, pay taxes and insurance on it, but it still just falls apart and you throw it away. Please cherish this time when your lives are relatively unencumbered and you can focus on each other.

What's that big brown deep fried thingy on your plate?
I love you guys,
Dad

W. Flint said...

The big fried thing is a hushpuppy. It is a big glob of fried cornmeal!