CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!! Also, happy birthday Wes!!! It was an exciting weekend in Hershey. On Saturday we celebrated Wesley's birthday by studying and cleaning up the townhouse! Oh yeah! In the evening, Kelley and I ventured down to Columbia, PA and went to a Cajun restaurant down there. It was really good! Kelley had blackened catfish and I ate some steamed "mud bugs." We were in heaven, well at least I was. We also had to try their jambalaya and their gumbo. We weren't too impressed with their jambalaya, it tasted more like Spanish rice with smoked sausage??? However, they make a mean gumbo that makes your lips sting a little. Mmmmm... Anyway, we are sure to visit again. The restaurant is in an old "speak-easy" in an old historic town (well, all the towns in PA are historic.) http://www.lostcajunkitchen.com/ After our trip to Columbia, we came back home winding our way through the anastomosing highways in the middle of nowhere to eat some cake. Kelley made a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and put Oreo all over it. It was really good, but when I was blowing out the candles, I blew Oreo fragments all over the kitchen! Cleaning up was a pain, but it is really good cake! Easter morning we had to do an egg hunt. The Easter Bunny didn't miss our house! It took Kelley a few minutes to find her basket. She was able to clear the living room from all Easter eggs and candy, with a few outstanding eggs that will certainly be found on next weekend's cleaning. We made it to church today and taught our class for the first time. Kelley taught a fantastic lesson on Christ being the "Bread of Life." Tonight we are off to celebrate Easter with some fellow first year students and their families. We hope that you all had a fantastic weekend!

No comments: