
Friday night, Kelley and I

went to City Island, a small island in the Susquehanna River next to Harrisburg. There is a ball park (which we will visit in August) and a bunch of games, including miniature golf on the island. We were unsure as to what we were going to do Friday night, so I suggested mini golf knowing that Kelley had wanted to do that for as long as I had known her.

It turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous evening. It was dry and cool with a slight breeze. It felt kind of like home. Anyway, we played the full 18 holes and Kelley was great! We both had a great time playing. We were both had high scores, although Kelley edged me out by like 7 points. Saturday, I had signed up to help a family move, so I spent the morning working on that. It is that time of the year after graduation when people are moving out and people are moving in. This move was especially difficult because one family was moving out and another was moving into the same apartment. The family moving out had everything boxed and was ready, the other family lived on a third floor of a building with small elevators, compact stairwells, didn't have much boxed, and the place smelled like a grandma. It was a pain in the butt. When I made it home, Kelley and I went to the pool and relaxed for a bit. It was just barely warm enough to play in the pool. Saturday evening, we went over to Kelley's boss/our first counselor's house for a barbecue. They have a really neat backyard and again the weather was perfect. We got to meet a few more people from the ward too. After dinner we played bocce. I didn't realize that Kelley was a bocce expert. We played as couples. At first, we were down by several points and then all of a sudden Kelley started dominating several rounds. I think that out of the 12 points that we scored, 8 of them were her's. The other couples were quite competitive so it was a bit cutthroat there at the end. We were neck and neck at the end and were tied with another young couple that really wanted to win. Kelley had thrown a great ball, the but the other couple threw a better one that was just barely closer to the target ball. I had one of the last throws and knocked the other couple's ball away from the target and placed my ball right next to the target! We beat them! As you know, Kelley can be very competitive so she was feeling pretty awesome. (Picture Caption, the picture of Kelley and of Kelley and I are from City Island. The other picture is of Harrisburg from the island. If you see the tall building on the right of the picture with a keystone shape on the top of it, Kelley's office building is just underneath it, to the left of the blue/grey building. Her building is more of a brown color. You can also see the dome of the capitol building behind another building on the left side.)

3 comments:
Actually, Wes won miniature golf since the goal is to have the least amount of points. So there was no edging out by me. He won that full out. In fact, I think he even blew a couple of shots on purpose just to make me feel better, although he won't admit to that. But it was a fun weekend over all.
I'm glad that you guys had a great weekend. I was wondering what you were up to. It doesn't seem like we've heard from you much since school ended. We had a very busy week. I was finally able to repair the last street light at Harold's mansion (whew!). It's good to have that done and we think he has a buyer for the property ($2.5MM). We worked on the dog room all weekend. It is looking (and smelling) so much better. We should have it all put back together by the time you get home. The best news this week was that we had the Savage Corp do a service day at Camp Roger. It was totally awesome! They had about 250 people and it was not unlike a pile of ants working away. They did more in one afternoon than any other group has done. They brought in new beach sand for the volley ball court and installed a border of nice pine logs around the perimeter. They sawed up several large trees and the Forest Service was there to chip them for us. Others loaded the chips into wheel barrels and spread them along the foot paths between cabins. Another group constructed 20 picnic tables and distributed them around camp. Others helped me clean out the maintenance garage and we threw most of the stuff away (yea). Others repaired two old buildings and painted the inside of cabins. And others finished the horse shade that we had started with our service day from AMEX. It was fund to watch but I was dog tired by the end of that day. On Sunday, we took Schuyler up for her week at camp. She was soooo excited. It was really cute. She had her buddy "Daneah" that went as well and they are off on their big adventure. We'll go pick her up next Saturday morning, but you guys will be here so you could actually go with us if you'd like. We're excited that you are able to come visit this week. We can't wait to see you.
Wes, I thought you would be the more competetive one. haha :)
Glad you guys are having a good time and hope your summer goes well. You have the summer off right Wes? Besides all those clubs you are in - wow!
Take care you two,
Casey
Post a Comment