Okay, so it's been a few weeks since we updated the blog, so I'll try to catch up. It's nothing too exciting though...
Memorial Day weekend was really fun. We ended up going to Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and we really liked it. Even though it was a long movie, I thought it was really good and it kept me entertained so it didn't seem that long. When the movie finally ended, it was after 9:00 PM and we were starving. Since it was late so we didn't want to go sit down anywhere, so that pretty much meant fast food or leftovers at home. We tried the DQ, but the grill was done for the night and ice cream just wasn't going to cut it. So we went to the old standby - Wendy's. But Wes had a great idea along with going to Wendy's. We picked up our food and then drove up to the Milton Hershey middle school, which sits on the hill overlooking Hershey, and more importantly, overlooking HersheyPark. It was their opening day, and since it's the 100th Anniversary of HersheyPark, they plan to set off fireworks every Saturday night. So we parked on the hill, ate our food, and watched 10 minutes worth of some great fireworks. I think both of us were quite impressed with the display. So whenever we're bored on a Saturday night, we can always go enjoy the fireworks overlooking HersheyPark. And maybe someday we'll actually make it to the Park. That Monday, we enjoyed a leisurely day and did some cleaning and organizing of closets, a bit of shopping, and we went and saw Shrek 3. It was really funny. We really liked it, and it's much shorter than Pirates. Overall, it was a great weekend, and since Monday was a holiday, it made the work week go by much faster.
So our ward has been pushing the subject of food storage, so I decided to get my act together and finally do something. Wes and I cleaned out some closets and got things more organized, then made a trip to Costco to buy some things in bulk. We bought the big bags of flour, sugar, and rice so we can use those along the way. I'll slowly build it up with the things we typically use anyway, but at least we've started and are on the way. I don't think we'll got our year supply done any time soon. If I were to get the water suggested for a year, it would fill our entire townhouse, and I'd rather have a place to actually live in right now.
Wes started his research gig for the summer. I don't think it's his favorite thing to do, but at least it's only for two months. And he doesn't have to come home and study at night. But I'm also thinking if he doesn't like this research that much, then he won't be tempted to be a big-time researcher and I can breathe a sigh of relief.
So that's the update for now. Hopefully we'll have some more to report later. Those that read the blog probably have already heard all this already, but now I at least have it written down.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, I am not tempted to become a big time researcher... No worries hunny. Thanks for updating the blog!
I am happy that you had a good Memorial Day weekend. We did just about the same thing as you. On Monday, Aunt Sheryl, AJ, Jenny and cousin Alicia met us at Jordan Commons to watch Pirates of the Carribean. Grandpa Flint was ill or he would have come to the movie with us (go figure???) I liked this movie the best of all the "Pirates" movies. I think they're getting better at it, Hahahahaha! After the movie, we went to eat at Matilda's (replaced China Lily's at Jordan Commons). Matilda's is an Aussie restaurant that used to be where Ruby River is now. I was happy because we were able to order "Pavlova" (my favorite) again. It is soooooo good. I hope the two of you are having a good summer. We're so busy with building a deck and helping to get Camp Roger up and running that we haven't had much time to enjoy the beautiful spring weather but at least we've had ample opportunity to be outside. Last weekend we went camping at Camp Roger. Scooby had fun riding the ATV's and Jeanne enjoyed the peace and quiet. We watched movies in the trailer and Scooby and I hunted for gophers. She was kind of excited when we got one. I was happy because I don't want her to grow up to be some liberal vegan freakoid that won't eat meat. I worked on some projects (capped a broken propane line, lit the water heaters, solved some leaking water issues, straightened some fences and gates) and it was just a great weekend. I'm back to Camp Roger this coming Saturday to finish up a couple of plumbing issues and then I think I am done for a while. We love you guys. I can't believe you're going to be here in a couple of weeks. That is soooo cool.
Post a Comment