Sunday, November 25, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! Kelley and I had a really fun weekend. I had so much fun that I forgot that I was a student and that I was supposed to study pancreatic diseases. Oh well. At least we had fun. I will have to worry about the pancreas on Monday. Wednesday night we went to the store to get some fixings for a spinach salad and pies for Thursday.
We attempted our pies that night. Kelley made a really dark chocolate cream pie and I tried to make a banana cream pie. My pie ended up being eaten by the disposal and I am sure that it was grateful for that. It was gritty and nasty. Thursday we went over to the Burns' home for dinner. The food was all fantastic and we had a few other friends eating with us. Kelley's pie was fantastic! We had a fun, relaxing time there. That night we put up an artificial Christmas tree that Kelley was given by a coworker. It was an enormous tree and it seemed to fill our tiny townhouse. We had to shuffle around some furniture and settled on stuffing it between our couches. Friday we went and did a little shopping later in the day. We picked up several strands of lights for the tree and found some wooden cutouts that we could use for tree ornaments. That night we watched the LSU-Arkansas game and worked on the ornaments. Saturday, I headed down to Maryland really early in the morning to go deer hunting with my friend Jeff. I met him at the 7 Eleven between Thurmont and Walkersville where they have really good doughnuts. I think that every hunter in the county was there getting doughnuts. It was kind of funny. We all looked like a bunch of clowns in our camoflage and orange. I spent the day in the tree stand watching the squirrels and birds. I think that I saw five or six different types of woodpeckers. One of which got a little too close to me. I was waiting for it to jump down on my buttstock and start trying to drill holes in it for me. I saw three small deer cross the fence row. Later in the day I watched two pheasants under the stand try to find a warm place to rest. Oh, I even saw the president fly over in one of three really big helicopters coming from Camp David on their way down to DC. Right before dusk, I watched a couple deer cross a fence row and enter another. I was hoping that they would come down toward me, but they went another way. As you can probably tell, it was kind of a slow day hunting, but it was still fun to get out. Last night we worked on the ornaments and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I really liked it! It was pretty funny... The picture is a self portrait of a cold birdwatcher with an achy butt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!!
Post a Comment