CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy 5 Months!!!

We celebrated Charlie's 5 month birthday by giving him his first food other than milk or rice cereal... ...Sweet potatoes!
And did he like it??? Well, he wasn't too sure about pureed sweet potato as depicted in the photos above. He only ate a small bit. I tasted it too. It was pretty gross. Nothing like the baked sweet potato that you would get at a steakhouse with cinnamon butter on it, but it is a step toward the world of yummy food.

His fifth month birthday is also time for his first real temper tantrum. While trying to put him down tonight, he threw this holy-rolling fit, thrashing his arms and yelling for a good five minutes. He then abruptly stopped and fell asleep. Hmmm... I think that we have some exciting times to look forward to in the next several months.

On a different note, the weather here has been fantastic lately. We have had a few cool-ish days after our first taste of hot and humid East Coast summer. We have been able to get out and go on some nice walks in the evenings with the little man to watch the fireflies and neighborhood bunnies.

We have a busy next several months coming up. Kelley will be going to Utah next week for her 10 year high school reunion. It makes me wonder where the last ten years went?! Oh well. I am glad that she liked high school. I wouldn't even consider going to mine, even if we had a get together. She is pretty excited, she just wishes that she could have me out there with her. I will be starting my neurology rotation that month. When Kelley returns, she will bring along with her Grandma Jeanne and Schuyler who will stay for a week. September is study month for my next two board exams and Kelley's birthday on the 7th. October we are headed back out to Utah for an away elective in orthopedics for the month. November I am planning on going to San Pedro Sula, Honduras for a pediatric orthopedics elective there for three weeks. I will work with two well known pediatric orthopedic surgeons there as well as a prominent ortho trauma surgeon. Should be fun? Then the interviews should heat up around Christmastime. Yahoo!!!

Hopefully there will be PLENTY to blog about...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Wow Kel, it's already been 5 months! And I've been loving the weather we've had here too. It's been overcast and 70ish but it makes me worry about winter...

Have so much fun in Utah with your fam!!

Amber said...

Sounds like the next couple of months are going to be full of travels! Should be awesome!

Mercedes said...

I wish I were going to the reunion! Have a great time, and one of these days we'll have to time our trips to SLC at the same time!