CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

It's Charlie's Birthday, Shout Hurray!


Charlie was so much fun today. He wore his birthday boy outfit so everyone he ran into knew it was his day. He looked so cute.


We opened gifts before dinner, and he was quite a lucky boy. He got lots of clothes, shoes, the walk 'n ride, toys, his new car seat, a cute new book, an awesome monkey he loved right away, and a rocking chair (which we haven't picked up yet). Plus, his birthday cards were all so adorable. He was one happy kid - especially with the boxes and paper. Thank Grandmas and Grandpa.


This is Charlie before dinner - all clean. We went and got balloons for him today, and he's been fascinated with them. The whole ride home, he just stared at them. And every time I say balloon, he looks right at them. He's a funny boy.


He enjoyed his spaghetti dinner and we even got some fruit, yogurt, and bananas down him too. He was funny with his cake. He liked squishing his portion in his hands, but he'd eat it if Wes and I gave it to him. But I bet he preferred the ice cream, as usual.


What a sweet face.


Here's the cake I made him. I think it turned out pretty well. It didn't taste half bad either.


I made a little monkey cake for Charlie too. Here are the two cakes together, big monkey and little monkey.

After such a mess, Charlie got all cleaned up and ready for bed. He smelled so much better. Charlie had a great first birthday. We look forwarded to celebrating many more birthdays with him. We love you, Charlie.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! He was one spoiled little birthday boy. The cake is awesome! Nice job Kelley. Such a cutie!

Lindsey said...

Who wouldn't be happy after a birthday like that?! He's such a cutie. Nice cake! How did you do that?

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!! He is so sweet and he got LOADS of gifts!!! So fun. The cake is DARLING Kelley. Good job.

Maria said...

He is too cute for words. Happy Birthday and I love the cake. Looks like a ton of fun!

Kellie Jean said...

What a cute boy! Looks like you guys had such a fun time. I love the cake!

Sky Flint said...

He is such a happy little boy, it looks like you guys are having fun with the little boy(: Good job on the cake Kel!!