CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Home

This week marked the end of making renovations to our new home and finally being able to move some stuff in. We had the carpet installed on Tuesday. Monday night, at about 9:00 pm with an angry-tired Charlie, I decided to remove a large auxiliary hot water storage tank out of the utility closet in the basement. Since the heat pump and hot water heater had been replaced recently, this tank was just a useless remnant that occupied a considerable amount of space in the closet. I really wanted to get it out of there before the carpet was installed because I knew that it was going to be a mess. With the help of a reciprocating saw that my dad graciously sent me, I made a few cuts into it to bail the remaining musty water out of the tank. After several trips I made a few more cuts to the base of the tank and tried to fold it in on itself so it would fit through the doorway. This kind of worked, but then the insulated interior crumbled and I ended up having to deliver it out piece by piece. What a mess. There was insulation and rusty water all over the utility closet and the adjacent room. It was so satisfying that I just had to mention it on the blog. Now you see it...


Here it is in pieces, with the metal belt unraveled on the floor of the adjacent room, with the rubber liner and insulation still in the utility closet.


Now we have space to put bikes and tools in the closet!

We are planning on moving all of the big furniture next weekend into the house. Once we get it somewhat organized we will post the before and after pictures of the house. It totally looks like a different home inside. We are very excited to move in soon!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I can't wait to see more photos of your house. Wish we were closer to help. Love and miss you guys!

Kellie Jean said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the house! I know the feeling of having to get it all done! Good LUck!

Steven said...

Hey Wes - Just wanted to say hi. Glad you got your house. later - steve