CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week (or so) in Review

So I had a nice birthday.  I can't believe I'm actually 30.  It's just a number, right?  Wes was on call, so I think I saw him at 5:15 AM as he was leaving and at 11:30 PM as he was coming home waiting to be called back in at any moment, which he was.  Gotta love home call.  But, my mom came in to town that night, which was such a great present.  We had so much fine while she was here - shopping, eating out, going to the park, and hanging out.   Charlie loved having her here and he remembered her pretty quickly.  He'd yell down the stairs every time she'd go down telling her to come back up.  It was pretty cute.  Thanks for coming out, Mom, and helping me celebrate my birthday.  It was extra great because you were here.

On Saturday, we went up to Lake Tobias to see some animals.  We had been there last summer, but I thought Charlie would really get it kick out of this year.  He was a bit cautious of the animals coming up to our safari bus, but overall he liked all the animals.  He even got to pet a baby kangaroo and liked the goats in the petting zoo.

One of the lakes at Lake Tobias
Charlie looking at the baby Rheas
a bunch of llamas following the bus
coming up to the bus for a snack
Charlie's safety net
Look at those antlers
Zedonk - definitely interesting looking
three sizes of Watusi
Charlie by the zebra
Nice setup for the bears
Petting a baby kangaroo
Charlie went right up to the donkeys

This is the rocking chair he was spoiled with last week.  I love it, and he loves it even more.  He's so cute when he sits in it - carefully backing up into it and smiling whenever he sits down.


Charlie also learned how to pick his nose, and he thinks it's pretty funny.

No comments: