With baby girl coming in a few months, we knew we needed to move Charlie out of the crib before her arrival. We figured we'd need bunk beds while we're still here in Hershey, and we found a great deal on some last month. So we bought the bunk beds and waited a few weeks for them to arrive. Last Thursday was the day they arrived, and Charlie was so excited. I had bought his new bedding earlier that week, and he was crazy about it; plus we had talked to him about moving to a big boy bed so baby sister could have the crib, so he kind of knew what was going on. I still didn't know how that night would go, but we had to make the move at some point. Luckily, Wes had that day off, so we got the beds put together. We put one of the beds in the basement for when we have visitors since we don't need two big beds in the kids room at this point. And we also took the crib out of the room for the time being so Charlie wouldn't be tempted to want to sleep in it. It's amazing how the feel of the room changed by taking out the crib. It's no longer my baby's room. Well, when it was time for bed, we did the usual bedtime routine, and when I laid Charlie down, he curled up with his dog and did not make a sound. I could not believe it. I thought for sure I'd be up at some point that night. And incredibly it wasn't just a fluke. He does great for his naps too. He loves his new bed. I do think it helps that we put up one of the sides from the top bunk so he feels like he's still suppose to stay in his bed. I'm so happy this was an easy transition because I'm sure there will be some difficult ones in the months ahead.
 |
| Charlie's corner |
 |
| He really loves his bed |
 |
| And he loves the new car stickers |
3 comments:
That is so nice that he had no issue with the new bad. Addy slept on the floor next to the door on and off for a couple weeks!
How nice that it was an easy transition. You give me hope. I've been dreading making the switch. Yay for Charlie!
What a big milestone...we r hoping to get ness into a real bed this summer too!
Post a Comment