Charlie and I stole a few days away to Ocean City, MD to play with the Crawfords. They rented a condo for the week and invited us out to join them. Unfortunately, Wes couldn't make it due to his working nights. Len couldn't even make it out due to his work schedule. So it was Charlie and I, Tammy, Anna, Shirley, and Len Sr. We had a great time and had great weather, and Charlie had so much fun with Anna out on the beach and running around the condo. They really play so well together.
Charlie wasn't too interested in going into the water. He liked to watch it, but he did not want to step close to it, so as long as I was holding him, we could go down and put my toes in the water. It felt good, and if I wasn't 37 weeks pregnant, I probably would have jumped right in. We also saw dolphins on two of the days. They were just swimming along the shoreline and were very easy to see. After we spent time on the beach, we'd take the kiddos to the pool and let them splash around there. Charlie loved that, so I'm not quite sure why he didn't want to test out the ocean water. Maybe the big waves scared him a bit.
So a few stories to share...the first evening, we had a storm roll in, and it poured rain for almost an hour. Len Sr. was riding his motorcycle down and got hit with the rain. He pulled over to let it pass, which was smart. But as he was just about to the condo, a lady sideswiped him from behind with her car. Luckily, he kept the bike up and wasn't hurt, but it did do some damage to the bike and could have really been hurt. So that wasn't too fun. Then the next day, Shirley took Tammy's car to get a few grocery items, and she lost the keys somewhere. They were totally gone. So we had On star unlock the car and grabbed the important things, then we found a dealership 30 minutes away that would make a new key, but once we got there, they realized they needed the car because the key has a transmitter in it that can only be reset with the car. So we had to call for a tow and drive back, and then Shirley went with the tow driver back to the dealership, and they got the key made. Luckily, we were able to get it done and the car wasn't stolen or anything like that. I'm glad I was there with my car because things would have been much more difficult. And we may have lost a morning at the beach, but Charlie and Anna had a great time running around with Len watching them. It isn't a vacation if you don't have a few mishaps and stories to share. And it could have been much more dramatic - I couldn't have gone in to labor. But fortunately, I didn't and we had fun. Charlie was a trooper on both drives too, especially going back. He zonked out because he was so tired, and once he woke up, he just stayed quite and watched all the cars and trucks out on the rode. Thanks Crawfords for a fun time at the beach.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad that you had fun! Crazy stories though!
sexy little girl love to get her nkd
Post a Comment