CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Quick picts and update








Reese is now two and a half weeks old.  Mom went home last Friday, so I've made it through a week all by myself.  Wes has been working a lot.  He was on call last weekend and is again this weekend, and he's had late nights trying to get his work done and prepare for a presentation he has next week.  So we won't see much of him this next week either.  But when he is around and has a moment to breathe, he is a great help.  Charlie still adores Reese and always comes up to her and says, "hi baby."  It's really cute.  And he always wants to know where she is.  We do have our hard moments but we're trying to work through them and I'm trying to keep my patience in check considering my exhaustion.  Reese is doing okay at night, but some nights are definitely worse than others, and every time there's finally a moment in the day for me to lie down, within 10 minutes, one of them wakes up,  I don't know why I bother.  And while it's been an adjustment for me to not just be able to go and do whatever Charlie and I use to do, I remember that this time of constant feeding, burping, rocking, holding, washing baby clothes, trying to keep a two and a half year old entertained/quiet/happy, being spit up on, and just wanting 4 hours of straight sleep (forget the 8 hours) is temporary and soon Reese will be as big as Charlie is now.  And thankfully she's adorable and a sweet baby.  The moments when I've got both of them in my arms definitely reminds me how blessed I am to be the mother to these two beautiful and health children, and that makes everything worth it.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Way to go Kelley! Going from one to two is an adjustment, but in sounds like you've got the right perspective on things. I found myself much more calm with two because I set fewer expectations - keeping everyone fed and happy was enough.

So glad you're really taking in each moment with each of them and enjoying motherhood. I look forward to meeting both of your little ones sometime soon! :)

Julie M said...

I'm sure you are doing a great job! I'm super impressed with you. Let me know what I can do to help!!!