CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To sleep or not to sleep


Charlie is still a pretty good napper.  He'll sleep for anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours and usually goes up to bed with little protest.  Until yesterday.  He threw a huge fit and kept getting out of his bed, crying, screaming, and getting all mad.  It was a battle of wills yesterday, and I barely won when he finally fell asleep for 40 minutes.  I was hoping it was a one time incident, and today was way better than yesterday, but he still got upset and jumped out of his bed.  Now I get how he may be growing out of napping and all that, but he had a cold last week that disrupted his sleep a lot and he had school this morning, so I knew he was tired.  Instead of fighting with him today, I just went downstairs.  Luckily, Charlie didn't follow me but stayed at the top of the stairs.  And after just a few minutes, all whining stopped.  I was right - he was tired, and he slept at the top of the stairs for almost two hours.  Forget terrible twos.  I hope I survive horrendous threes.

3 comments:

Julie M said...

I know that must have been so hard and frustrating, but that picture of him at the top of the stairs is the cutest thing!

The Thompsons said...

Ouch - I hope he's not giving up his naps for your sake. Nap time is Sanity time. That seriously is a cute picture though. :)

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Oh Kelley, I hear you!! Three has been way more of an "adventure" than two ever way with my boys. And I'm still trying to talk Cade into a nap.