CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Grandpa Glen's Memorial Service

I was able to fly home to Utah for Grandpa Glen's memorial service last weekend.  It was a quick trip, but Rad, Judd, and I were all able to make it out.  Wes had the weekend off to watch the kids, and Tammy took the kids on Friday until he got off.  They had so much fun playing with Anna and Tammy, and I knew they were in good hands.  It was so great to be back in Utah.  I can't believe it's been a year and a half since I was last there.  That's way too long.  Friday was nice.  We all hung out and Chris, Mariah, and the boys came in.  We celebrated Hank's 6th birthday with pizza, cake, and ice cream.  It was a fun night to be together. Bruce came over, and Grandma was staying with us too.  We stayed up past midnight just talking.  Saturday was the memorial up in Ogden.  It was a nice day.  The memorial itself was very nice, albeit extremely cold with the wind.  But it was a nice tribute to Grandpa.  Judd, Chris, Rad, Mariah, and I sang "God Be With You 'til We Meet Again."  After, we had a luncheon and we were all able to talk to everyone for a couple of hours.  It was so great to see Randy and Gina again, and it had been over 20 years since I'd seen my cousin Flask.  Bric and Heidi came down with their kids, and it was so fun to catch up with them.  I loved seeing Marc and Jacque, Bart, Kate and their kids, and Josh and Traci with their daughter.  Ken and Jeanne even came up, which was super nice and a special treat.  After the luncheon, we went over to Chris and Mariah's for a bit and then again just hung out and talked forever.  Chris slept over the whole time we were all there, which was super great.  It's been forever since we've all been together, so it was really special and fun.  Sunday was low key with a nice lunch before I had to head back to PA.  I'm so glad that I was able to make it out.  It was a nice weekend and so fun to see my family.  It was good to see Grandma and talk with her.  Grandpa sure loved all of us.  He was a great guy, and I will always be his princess.  Wes and the kids had fun together without me.  It was good for them to have that alone time.  I think they missed me just a little bit.

Singing at the memorial

Celebrating Hank's birthday.


Cooper discussing something
serious with Judd

Dad, Marc, and Randy

Josh, Judd, Bart, Rad, Chris, Flask, Grandma

Mom and baby Alyse

Flask, Chris, Dad, Judd, Randy, Rad, Marc

the gravesite

No comments: