CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2014

HersheyPark in the Dark

Charlie had a soccer game.  It was the last one of the season, and he had so much fun that day.  He wanted to play and he even kicked the ball a couple of times.  It was great to see him having a good time.
 
After, we went to HersheyPark in the Dark.  The Altoms met up with us, which was super fun.  Charlie and Maddox went on a bunch of rides together, as did Reese and Mia.  They were so cute.  Everyone had a great time going through the candy area. And it was a nice, warm evening too.
 
After the Altoms took off, Charlie wanted to go on Sooper Dooper Looper with Wes, so we headed over there where I was going to wait with Reese and Hailey. Hailey was out of the Bjorn and after a few minutes of waiting, Reese said she needed to go potty.  So I told her just a minute while I get Hailey back in the Bjorn and all set.  She was right next to me and in the 3 seconds it took to strap Hailey in, she took off by herself.  It was already dark and there were a ton of people around.  I immediately called out and looked all around.  The lady sitting next to me looked up and looking puzzled said "she was just right here."  So I walked around a bit thinking Reese was stopped and waiting for me, but she was nowhere.  I was starting to panic, so I texted Wes that Reese was missing.  So he and Charlie came out of the line, and he found a security guard who was walking in our direction.  Fortunately, he had just been called about a misplaced child, so he took Wes to the cubby who called and there she was.  Breathe - sigh of relief.  I was so happy to see her and she was quite brave for being missing.  And we both learned a big lesson - Reese to never walk away from us, and me to keep an extra, extra vigilant eye on my kids, especially at night with a big crowd.  Now she keeps saying, "I got lost at HersheyPark."  I think she'll stay extra close for the next little bit.
 







No comments: