CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Nuclear Emergency Plan

So this week in the mail, we received a pamphlet notifying us of the evacuation plan in case there is another accident at 3 Mile Island. In 1979, there was an accident at the nuclear plant that was the most serious in US commercial nuclear power plant history. While there were no deaths that resulted, people around here still speculate that the problems came later on. There are mysterious concentrated medical issues in certain areas that surround the island. Well, since Wes and I live within 10 miles of the island, we are part of the evacuation plan. Basically the plan is to send you to an area that's just out of the 10-mile radius for however long in necessary. I guess it's good they have a plan and they're notifying people of the plan. Let's just hope nothing happens within the next three years. I don't want to be close to having to breathe radioactive fumes.

No comments: