CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Grease Monkey at Heart

Yesterday, I drove Kelley to work and then came home and changed the oil in both of our cars. I got kind of sick of paying someone to do it, so I picked up a catch pan and a tool to loosen the oil filter canister. Everything went pretty smoothly. The catch pan that I bought made pouring the old oil back into the oil container nice and easy. This photo doesn't depict the oil in my fingernails and on my arms and hands, nor does it show the dirt all over my back from inchworming my way under the car. After a successful oil change x2, I tried to lay a fiberglass patch behind the crack in Kelley's bumper cover. I was successful on the first round, however the second layer decided to adhere more to my hands than the first layer. Having fiberglass resin and strands of fiberglass stuck to my hands, I did my darndest to not touch anything with my hands. I inchwormed out from under the car like I was trying to limbo out from under the bumper. In the process, I must have cleaned off Kelley's fancy chrome exhaust tip with my shirt and then trying to wipe the sweat off my face without touching it, pulled the exhaust carbon across my face! Kind of cute huh?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're looking more like my son all the time, Hahahahahahahahaha!
Do you have more work Levi's than play Levi's yet? I still have your tool belt hanging in the closet if you want me to send it out. Just Kidding! You just keep on studying so you won't have grease under your fingernails all the time. It's kind of satisfying to fix it yourself, now isn't it?
I've had a good week thus far. I was able to help Vrena on Monday move her guns into a secure closet. Nathan had called her at work and said he was going to get out the AR15 and shoot Angie. They were fighting, I guess, and Nathan was kidding (we hope) but it inspired Vrena to make certain that all those firearms were secured. She wanted to move the gun cabinet to the basement, but after bungering up the walls in the stair well, we decided that it was never going to make it around the narrow landing to the basement. We scrutinized Craig's smaller metal gun locker in the basement closet and wondered if we could fit all the guns in that one cabinet but danged if we could find the key to the cabinet. I'm afraide it was too small anyway so Angie said, "Just lock up the closet". Hey, good idea. I went to Home Depot and picked up a locking door knob and we got it installed. We even replaced the hinges to a type that is not easily removed so hopefully no one will be able to break into the closet without the key. Mom, Vrena, Angie and Tasa packed all the guns into gun cases and stacked them in the closet. We got them all locked up, so now if Vrena finds a good place to hide the key, the neighborhood should be safe. It's a serious concern when kids are left home unattended. I still regret all those years that we were home alone whilst growing up. It's very important that Mom stays in the home, even when the kids are older, in fact, it's even more important when the kids are older. I could tell you stories of kids becoming alcoholics or worse while their parents are at work, not to mention the loneliness and self esteem issues that occur. Anyway, Vrena gave me the old cabinet instead of taking it to the DI and we hope all is secure at Vrena's house. Tuesday I went to Grandpa's house and trimmed the dogwood bushes in the front. I sprayed for bugs all around the house and that place never looked so good. Wednesday, I poured a small concrete pad at the Madsen's at their back gate. It was kind of a mess as they planned to install pavers but it didn't really work out. It looks great now. Last night was Gymnastics and Scooby is looking better and better. We're really happy to see the progress since she got on this accelerated schedule. Her form is great and she can almost do a complete split. She's not limber like a lot of little girls, but dang she is strong. She's one buff little girl. She can do a hand stand pushup now and is shooting for two. Tonight, I'll mow our lawn and Madsen's lawn so it will look nice when they get back from Sturgis. Chris is off to NY City this weekend to stay in a Manhattan apartment that is the entire 17th floor of the building and see a broadway show, along with the rest of the NY sights. I don't remember doing things like that when I was his age??????? What happened to water skiing at Willard Bay and summer vacation to Yellowstone Park? Ahhhh, Kids these days! Tomorrow is Stephanie Miles' wedding and we'll be at the Bountiful Temple by 8:30. She's excited and I got to visit with grandpa and grandma yesterday just after they arrived from Canada. Saturday evening, Mom and Scooby take off for Circleville in central Utah to stay at a ranch for a couple of days with Louise and Katie Craig. Should be a crash-bang good time. Post some pics of the repair job so I can see it. I love you guys. I hope you are excited to get back into school next week.

Chris said...

Lookin good, Wes. I agree about the oil changes. Everytime I go and watch the JiffyLube guys, I think, man, I could do this faster and easier than these guys. Way to earn some manly man points.