CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Busily busy...

It feels as if lately, our lives are moving in fast motion. There is so much going on that I almost yearn for the days just a few months ago where there was not much going on and all we had to worry about was Wes having enough time to study, and what I was going to make for dinner or when I need to do the laundry. The calendar has become a needed tool to keep track of everything we have to do between Wes's school and our church obligations. I mean, we have 4 different BBQs to go to in the next 10 days - all with church callings. It's pretty crazy. But I guess it is good to be busy and involved in a bunch of things. I just hope I don't lose my sanity. This past weekend was fun. Wes spent most of Friday with me at my office just hanging out. I think he was a little bored at home by himself. But it was fun having him around at work. Saturday, we went to HersheyPark. It was a very hot, humid day, and it was so crowded. We had fun, but it was also ridiculous. In the space of three hours, we only got on two of the water rides - not cool. So we went back to doing the other rides, and at least we were able to do our two favorite ones - Great Bear and Storm Runner. And it's always interesting to people watch when you've got such a huge crowd around you. The thing that has gotten me most lately is the number of tattoos people have all over them. Don't you wonder what they're going to think of themselves when their skin is all wrinkly? I just don't get it. But I'm very thankful that HersheyPark banned smoking except in designated areas because the few people who think they can get away with it are so annoying, and I don't even want to imagine what it would be like if anyone was allowed to smoke while standing in lines or just sitting around. It would be so awful. I think PA is having a hard time accepting the dangers of second-hand smoke. It's taking them a long time to come around to it. So HersheyPark was fun, but I think we'll wait until it cools down a bit and the park is less crowded to go back for our final time this season. Now I'm off to make sure I have dinner ready for our guests tonight, come up with a lesson for young women tomorrow, figure out what to take to the Friday night BBQ and the Saturday night BBQ, deliver cookies to some friends that should have gone out two nights ago, paint my toe nails which are in serious need to being redone, and oh yeah, I still have to work today. Ciao!

1 comment:

Wesley and Kelley said...

Yep. From here I think that it is just going to get progressively more and more busy. School will only get busier and then a career. Church will only get busier. And then somewhere in there kids will magically appear and then years will go by before we are able to enjoy a movie together or not have to worry about anything but ourselves for a change. I think that I need a vacation, oh wait, my last summer vacation has slipped into the past. Is this what they call a midlife crisis? I am only 20 something, right??????????