CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

No more mess (at least for now)...

So, I usually think of myself as a fairly organized person, where everything has its spot and is put back in its place in a reasonable amount of time. Now, I'm not a fanatic or anything, but I like to have things clean and in order so when I need something, I know where it is. I'm like my mom in this respect. What is always funny is when people come over (ie. visiting teachers), they comment that the house is always so clean even when I feel like it's a disaster. Okay, so my house is never a disaster because that would drive me absolutely crazy. But what most people never see is that corner in my bedroom where everything goes when I don't have a clue where to put it. Lately it's gotten pretty bad. Here is messy corner...

It's full of scrap booking items and wedding pictures that I just haven't gotten to putting together yet, tissue paper and bags for gifts, Young Women and other church items, and a few craft things that are a continuous work-in-process. I kept commenting to Wes that I needed to clean it up, but I never did because I didn't know where to put any of it. I hate when I can't find a place for something. And I'm quickly filling up our small townhouse so there are not a lot of spaces left for things. But I just couldn't take it anymore. This following my weird but needed desire to clean out the refrigerator, the oven, and the stove top last Saturday. So I had an idea of what I wanted to do with all the stuff, and I got going. Amazingly, it didn't take me very long. I put what went together in their piles and figured out what could get thrown away or could be placed in another area. I bought a cute basket to have something to store stuff in so it's not just sprayed all over the floor. And it turned out looking so much better. Wes keeps wondering where I actually put everything, but it's all put away. And now I know where everything is so I can start putting together our wedding scrapbook rather than feeling overwhelmed with it. Here's my clean, organized corner...

Now, let's just see how long it takes me to build up a mess somewhere because everyone needs a "junk drawer/area."

No comments: