CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I had a great birthday weekend. Friday night started off with going to dinner with Wes and doing a bit of shopping. We also made the cake base for my birthday cake, which was a new recipe I wanted to try. Saturday, we got up early and went down to the temple with Dave and Julie, some good friends of ours. We did a session, which was great as always, and then we got to hear the temple presidency speak before they are released in a couple of weeks. The temple was so packed, and that was great to see. We were starving after the temple, so we hit an old favorite of Wes and mine, Mamma Lucia's, for some pizza and calzone. It's where Wes and I went on our first date. The weather was awful as we were getting hit by the aftermath of Hurricane Hanna. I couldn't believe how much water was coming down. So most of my plans for the rest of the day were foiled since they were things to do outside, but we still hit the Museum of Art down on the Mall and had a great time. I've never gotten so wet walking from the car to a building, but fun memories nonetheless. It had mostly cleared up by the time we came out of the museum, but most things in DC were closing for the day, so we decided to just head home. It was a very fun day.

Sunday was my birthday, and it included lots of phone calls from family and a good day at church. We had a yummy dinner and opened a few gifts, all of which I love. Before we had any cake, we decided to go for a walk. Normally, our Sunday walks would be an easy, long stroll, but Wes wanted to get back for cake, so we just went around the block in quite a hurry. I was actually laughing that Wes was hurrying so fast, but I realized why when we got back home. I walked in to a wonderful surprise of friends, cake, and ice cream. Wes had arranged for several of our friends to come over and surprise me for my birthday. It was so fun to have people over, and I was so impressed that Wes was able to pull something together with him being so busy and gone these past couple of weeks. I loved it. So it was definitely a great birthday.
When I finally get the pictures downloaded from the camera, I'll post a few from this weekend.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Glad you had a good birthday weekend. I wish we could of been there to celebrate. I can't wait to see your Dorie cake!

Rach said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a really fun day! I can't wait to see pics. Good job on the surprise, Wes!

Evan and Rebecca Jones said...

Wes did awesome! Glad your birthday was so much fun!

W. Flint said...

I am glad that you had some fun this past weekend! It was definitely a great one! My favorite quote from the weekend was, "Wait, are those people going into our apartment???" You are beautiful babe! I miss you terribly...

Lindsey said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you were well celebrated!

Unknown said...

Yeah, sorry that we weren't "inside" by the time you got around there. We were trying to figure out what to do with the wagon and stroller. But I am glad that you enjoyed it. We had fun too!!