CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is what Kelley thought of me on Wednesday

On Wednesday I was out with the young men in our ward to go and stack firewood for a member of our ward that lives out in the country. I had to drive a car full of boys that were getting a little rowdy on the way back. Two of the boys that I work with started talking about a girl in the ward that they both admire. I was teasing them a bit and wanted to stink them out as we were driving past the neighborhood water treatment facility. I rolled down the windows to let some of the stagnant nasty air into the car when I noticed a black object in the opposite lane ahead. It was dark out and there were no lights on the road. I noticed the black object scurry across the road into my lane. Because of the tortuousity of the road my headlamps didn't fall upon the unidentified scurrying object until it was about 10 feet ahead of my bumper. When the object was finally within my field of view it was black, dull in character and seemed to have four legs and a big bushy tail with a white stripe--thump thump. No sooner than I noticed it, it was long gone, but the characteristic stench is still lingering. When I made it home, all the boys ran out of the car gasping and choking. I couldn't tell where the smell was coming from because it was so ingrained in my nostrils. Kelley came to the door and threatened to get rid of me. She could smell me and the car several yards away. I took the car to the wash and tried to get the stink out, but it still lingered with a vengeance. Fortunately the next morning I didn't have to be into the clinic until 1 pm, so I had some time to make an attempt at cleansing the car of the horrific stench. Some people swear by tomato juice, but an article that I read from University of Nebraska said that the only thing that works is time and lots of washing. Tomato scent simply covers the skunk musk. Anyway, I bought some Simple Green and a long handled brush and brushed the undercarriage of my car for two hours and then took a stab at cleaning the interior. I then took the car again to the car wash and ran it through. The car is squeaky clean, but it sure doesn't smell clean quite yet. The interior doesn't really smell, but you get a little whiff of skunk when you first get in the door. Oh well. Perhaps I will have to give Barr a call on Monday...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo, I would have gotten rid of you too! :)

Anonymous said...

Most people forget to wash inside the door jambs.

Aimee said...

Wow. You're quite a story teller Wes! Oh how I've missed the 2 of you. Glad I found your blog (through Laurel). How much school do you have left? I can't believe how grown-up we all are!
Aimee

Kellie Jean said...

That is so funny, a few days ago I was walking into my apt and I come around the corner of the storage units in front of the apts and there it is a skunk like 3 feet away and I didn't miss a beat turning right around and walking back the way I came! I had to wait for it to wander the other way and call steve at 11 pm and have him get the door unlocked and open so I could RUN in! I did not get hit! So sorry Wes!