CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dutch Wonderland


Wes was on call today, so I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take Charlie to Dutch Wonderland down in Lancaster.  Wes had been given some tickets last month after treating a child of someone that worked there.  How cool for us.  I didn't need all four tickets, so I was able to give the other three to some friends of ours who could enjoy the day together as a family.  I hope they had as much fun a we did.
Charlie woke up early this morning, so I wasn't sure how good he would be.  He fell asleep for about 20 minutes on the ride down there, so he did get a power nap in before the fun began.  We got there right after it opened, so parking was up close and there were no lines on most of the rides we went on, at least until after lunch.  Dutch Wonderland is definitely a wonderland for children.  I thought it was so great and so fun.  Charlie and I were able to go on a ton of rides that were perfect for him, and next summer, he'll be able to do all the other rides that I can't go on with him.  He loved the merry-go-round and the train, and he even loved going down the big hill of the water log ride.  It was a fun event for us to do.  Too bad Wes had to miss out, but we'll take him with us another time.

The sticker speaks for itself.

Charlie's first ride was of course the trucks.


On the tug boat.  Charlie liked the water

The gondola ride

He mostly kept his hands inside.

on the choo choo train

Charlie's a little small to do this one by himself now, but I'm sure we'll be back so he can tackle it all on his own.

He loved the moo cow.

The merry-go-round was by far Charlie's favorite ride.  The ride was fast and he loved his horse going up and down

No comments: