CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish that I had a picture to post with this blog, however it is beautiful in Hershey and the weather was perfect today. The azaleas are all in bloom and the trees are covered in fresh leaves.

We hope that you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had today off after a full work week that ended in a call night. Kelley and I both spoke in church today, so we are both feeling much better now the weight of that responsibility has passed. Anyway, here is a little excerpt from my talk that I didn't get to share because I had to refrain from giving 70% of my talk due to the time allowance:

"One way that we can sustain not only our sweet wives, but also our entire family is taught by a simple phrase that my father would always say while I was growing up,“Keep the mama happy.” In fact it should be a commandment. My father would then go on, “If the Mama ain’t happy, tain’t nobody happy. If Papa ain’t happy, tain’t nobody care.” This seemingly silly phrase has taught me a very valuable lesson. I have come to realize that the mother sets the tone of the home and she too will likely decorate it, choose the furniture and paint colors and then take care of it too. Our home most closely resembles that of the home that Kelley came from—not so much the home that I grew up in. This was something that I didn’t realize would happen when I married her, but in retrospect I makes me love her even more. I am grateful for her mother and the talents and recipes and sense of style that she taught to Kelley because now our family is enjoying the benefits of her devotion."

That was probably the best paragraph in the whole talk, but oh well.

I hope that you all have a great week.

No comments: