CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Waiting

So I know I've been bad at blogging the past few weeks.  I keep expecting this little girl to be coming any moment because I've been having pre labor symptoms for the past two weeks.  And the camera is packed, so I haven't taken pictures of Charlie either.  But we've been busy and been having fun.  Charlie and Wes went to see Cars 2 on the Fourth of July with Anna and Len.  The kiddos did quite well and were able to make it through most of the movie.  That was way longer than I expected.  It was Charlie's first movie in the theater, and I think he quite enjoyed the outing.  I enjoyed a nice, quiet house were I was busy nesting.  My mom got into town on the 13th, and we've had a lot of fun.  Charlie's loved having his grandma here, and we've tried to walk a lot and do whatever we could to get this baby girl here.  On Saturday, Wes and my mom took Charlie down to the Swatara, and they played in it for quite a while.  Charlie was in heaven and didn't want to come home.  He splashed around, threw a million rocks into the water, and got quite dirty, but I'm sure he can't wait to go back.  Wes had a ball with him.

As I'm eagerly awaiting this baby's arrival, I'm also having so much fun just doing my every day stuff with Charlie.  Every day I wake up not sure if it's my last day with just him, and while I can't wait for our little girl, I know a lot will change with her here.  He's been such a good boy lately, but I know he can sense the change in the air.  I hope he'll be able to adjust as easily as possible to having a little sister and still feel the sense of security that his parents love him just as much as they always have.  And until this girl comes, we'll continue doing our thing and having fun.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yes, totally agree about them being able to sense a change in the air...so glad you're all approaching it so positively. There is already a natural bond between our boys, and I love that they'll have the rest of their lives to grow closer.