Well, until next time...
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Special Event in DC
Wes and I had the fun experience of going to a world premier of a movie that I was helping with when I lived in DC. It's called "Fighting for Life" and it's the story of the military doctors and Uniformed Services for Health Science, the military medical school. I'd seen a few portions of the filming before, but it was so neat to see the actual movie. I thought they did a great job with it. My name is even in the credits, although they did misspell Kelley, but I've gotten use to that. The premier itself was fun because I got to see a lot of people I use to work with. They all met Wes, and it was so nice to have Wes right there beside me. It was fun being down in DC again too. It's just so familiar to me, and I guess it should be since I lived there for 3 1/2 years. I'm glad we were able to go down. It was a fun, albeit late evening.
Before the premier, we stopped by to see my old roommate Angela. She's moving back to Wyoming in a few weeks, and it was our last time to see her for a while. We chatted for about an hour, and she seems to be doing pretty good. I know I don't get to see her much anymore, but we did live together for a year and a half, and she's been a great friend. Although part of that time was very difficult for her, I'll miss her now that I know I can't see her in a short drive. Here's a picture that Wes took of us. The lighting on the picture makes me look whiter than I am, but I guess I am pretty white. You can faintly see a tan line on my arm from when I was outside last week, but I'm still really white.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment