The weekend before my birthday, we went down to DC to go to the temple, and we started the week off right by going to Cactus Cantina for dinner. It's our favorite Mexican place in DC, and since Hershey and Harrisburg do not have good Mexican places, we love going there when we can. I got the shrimp fajitas, which are so good. It was a great treat.
The week itself was quite busy, but we had some fun as well. Wes and I had were on a panel with another newlywed couple for the young men's in our ward. It was quite interesting. They were asking us questions about dating and finding the right person, but we had a good time with it. I also had Enrichment one evening, and it was a bake off - chili, bread, and dessert. We had some really good things and some not-so-good things to try. But it was an eventful night and I went with some friends which made it all that much better.
My actual birthday day was fun. My work had an ice cream birthday cake for me and a co-worker, which was very nice of them. And some of my buddies at work took me to lunch, which is always fun. My boss and co-worker even gave me flowers, which was very nice of them and very unexpected. So it was a good day. That night, I had to pick where to eat dinner, and I could not decide. I went everywhere from a nice restaurant in Hershey, to sushi, to Wendy's and finally decided on Macaroni Grill since it was out by Banana Republic and Wes wanted to take me shopping there. We had a nice dinner, but no luck finding anything I was willing to spend money on at Banana Republic or Ann Taylor Loft. So we got ice cream instead at Maggie Moos. Then we basically went home and crashed since it was a Friday night.
Saturday, I was all prepared to go to HersheyPark all day to use our last day pass. But when I woke up, Wes surprised me with a morning at the Hotel Hershey Spa. Talk about completely
shocked and totally excited. He had reserved an appointment more than a month ago for me to go and have a facial and be pampered. It was the best gift ever. And at the Hotel Hershey, our 5-star hotel! I was very excited. They gave me a big fluffy robe, and I got to sit in the quiet room before my appointment. They had the best hot chocolate and chocolate bread. I was really in heaven looking over the beautiful landscape in front of a fire. The facial itself was really nice. It was the first facial I've ever had, and it was quite the treat. She did all sorts of nice things including an eyebrow shaping, hot steam bath, facial massage, mask, hand conditioning, and a hand, arm, and shoulder massage. It was so great and I felt so good afterwards. Thanks Wes for being so thoughtful.
shocked and totally excited. He had reserved an appointment more than a month ago for me to go and have a facial and be pampered. It was the best gift ever. And at the Hotel Hershey, our 5-star hotel! I was very excited. They gave me a big fluffy robe, and I got to sit in the quiet room before my appointment. They had the best hot chocolate and chocolate bread. I was really in heaven looking over the beautiful landscape in front of a fire. The facial itself was really nice. It was the first facial I've ever had, and it was quite the treat. She did all sorts of nice things including an eyebrow shaping, hot steam bath, facial massage, mask, hand conditioning, and a hand, arm, and shoulder massage. It was so great and I felt so good afterwards. Thanks Wes for being so thoughtful.After my wonderful morning and a few errands, we spent the evening at HersheyPark and went on all of our favorite rides. It was fun to go again and especially to do some of the rides in the dark. They're so much more thrilling at night. It was a great day overall.
Sunday, Wes made me a cake - red velvet w/ cream cheese frosting and kissables lining the cake. It was so cute and really moist. I love you honey. Thanks for a great birthday.


1 comment:
Love that you had such an awesome birthday! What an amazing b-day gift - at the spa! Sounds absolutely heavenly - go Wes! I'll have to mention this blog to Evan to give him some hints...
Post a Comment