CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stake Conference Weekend

This weekend our Stake had Stake Conference. We had the chance to have Elder Bednar at our meetings. Kelley was able to go to a special youth meeting on Saturday morning. They had a Q&A session for the youth. Kelley had a great experience and then I went to a leadership meeting in the afternoon that followed the same format. There were a lot of great questions asked and I was taken aback with the precision in which he answered questions and how the Spirit accompanied everything that he said. One topic that he emphasized the most was that of the Atonement. He talked about it's cleansing power briefly, but thoroughly explained the ability of the Atonement to help us become more than we can become on our own. The Gospel isn't just about washing sins, it is to eventually perfect us. It does so by strengthening us not by eliminating challenges. Exaltation isn't something that we cannot do on our own, but that is the whole point. We need to apply the Atonement in our lives all the time. Another point that he made was that gaining a testimony of Christ is only an initial stage to become converted. Anyway, he was very candid and not afraid to tell it like it is. He was shockingly bold, but did it in a way that you didn't feel chastised or criticized. Kelley and I both really enjoyed the meetings. Sunday morning session was held in the Hershey Theater, a really fancy theater that is close to home. The meeting was finished by noon, so we were able to enjoy the entire afternoon.

2 comments:

chris+amber said...

WHAT?! You have a blog?! How did I miss that?! I am so excited...now I can keep up with you and your life! YAY!! Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I'm jealous...I have yet seen an apostle in stake conference. I bet it was awesome to hear from Elder Bednar in person. Lucky you!

Loni said...

Sweet Kelly! I looked on my comments and thought to myself, who the heck is Kelly Flint? So excited that it's my married Kelly Robbins! Your blog is super cute and I'm glad to be able to see what you guys are up to. BTW, beautiful wedding! So fun to see you!